Please note: If there is no “Add to Cart” button visible below, then this title is currently OUT OF STOCK. If you’re serious about buying a copy should we do another print run in the future, please send me email and indicate which disc(s) you’re interested in.
PLEASE NOTE: This disc WILL NOT play properly in an Optigan! They WILL play, but the sounds will NOT be mapped correctly to the keyboard- they will be mapped mostly haphazardly across the chord buttons. Please don’t order this disc expecting to easily use it in an Optigan. In the future we will be porting the Orchestron sounds to the Optigan- please be patient!
This is not a simple photocopy of an original vintage Orchestron disc, it’s completely re-mastered and re-created from scratch, using the original sounds from the Orchestron master tapes. In other words, this disc won’t sound 100% exactly like the original discs in every tiny detail. Specifically:
- Since there’s usually no way to precisely identify the exact 2-second excerpt that was originally used from each sustained note on the master tapes (some of which can be 8-10 seconds long), we’ve simply chosen 2-second excerpts that sounded good in our editing situation.
- Our Saxophone disc has a little less low-end and a bit more high-end than the original. These can both be easily adjusted with EQ if you’re trying to precisely duplicate the overall tonality of the original discs.
- The loop joints on our disc are very smooth and for the most part don’t pop/thud the way the originals do.
- We’ve staggered the loop joints evenly across the disc (instead of placing them all at 12 o’clock), so that no two notes hit their loop joint at the same time.
- Some of our discs may have very slight periodic crosstalk on some notes (mostly noticeable on higher notes), owing to miniscule variations in the center hole punching tolerance. Said crosstalk should be well within the acceptable limits that Orchestron users are accustomed to.
So, will our disc satisfy the absolute purist? Probably not, and we won’t attempt to argue otherwise. But despite the differences, to the more casual player our disc sounds very much like the original. We’re confident that you’ll love the sound and quality of this disc, but if you’re not totally satisfied, we’re happy to offer a 100% money-back guarantee. This is a labor of love for us, and we want to make sure you feel the love too!
Since the original discs came in plain white jackets, so will ours. We will be replicating the original printed paper sleeves- spelling/grammar errors and all.
Soon we will have all eight of the original Orchestron discs remastered, as well as a few brand new titles. Stay tuned!
Please read the blog post here for information about the licensing agreement and usage guidelines for this disc.